September 11, 2021
This Week’s Top 5: UBS Trades Million-Dollar Brokers, Retiring Wells Broker Sues over Prom Note, And More
- UBS Hauls in $1.9-Mln Merrill Team in Maine, Loses Million-Dollar NYC Producer
Merrill team said they opted for a firm where wealth management was the “primary enterprise.”
- Septuagenarian Broker Accuses Wells of Reneging on Promise of Debt-Free Retirement
The advisor said in a lawsuit filed on Thursday that Wells managers told him he could keep any unvested hiring bonuses if he agreed to leave his book at the firm when he retired.
- $1.6-Mln Wirehouse Vet Waves Goodbye to Morgan Stanley, Hello to LPL Affiliate Gladstone
Francis Ciocari, who had logged eight years at Morgan Stanley and 15 at Merrill Lynch prior to that, managed $300 million in client assets, according to an announcement.
- Project Thunder Week 3: Merrill Touts Practice Management Boost, Greeting Cards
The third week of “wins” in Merrill’s Project Thunder campaign to address broker feedback includes more tweaks on the margins.
- Rockefeller Strikes Again in Cincinnati, This Time Hiring from UBS
A $3-million ‘next gen’ broker marks Rockefeller’s 61st team since its 2018 recapitalization.