February 27, 2021
This Week’s Top 5: NBA Star’s Suit Against Morgan Stanley, RayJay Ups Recruiting Ante, and More
- Morgan Stanley Faces $5 Million Claim from NBA Star Chandler Parsons
The filing appeared on the record for a California broker and managing director who is part of Morgan Stanley’s Sports and Entertainment Group.
- Rockefeller Lures Merrill Private Wealth Regional Head in Chicago
Brett Thelander, a career Merrill manager who was running its ‘Mid-America’ private wealth region, will join Rockefeller after a 90-day garden leave, two sources said.
- Raymond James Executive: We’re Open to Flexible Work Arrangements for Advisors
Scott Curtis, head of RayJay’s more than 8,000 advisors, says some may be able to work from home indefinitely with adequate in-office support.
- Merrill Lifer and His $4.4-Mln Alabama Team Jump to Morgan Stanley
Robert Runkle left for Morgan Stanley on Friday after 38 years with the Thundering Herd.
- RayJay Details Recruiting Offer Hikes, Drops Some Clawback Provisions
In response to competition, Raymond James hikes hiring bonuses, eliminates a longstanding production quota for recruits and will absorb loan balances of deceased advisors.