June 19, 2021
This Week’s Top 5: Morgan Stanley, Merrill Honchos Tout Divergent Recruiting Strategies
- Morgan Stanley Looks to Shed Wirehouse Comparisons, Take on Schwab
The firm aims to overtake the net new asset growth rates of self-directed providers, according to Andy Saperstein, co-president of Morgan Stanley and head of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
- Broker Recruiting Not a ‘Good Formula’ for Clients, Shareholders or Firm: Merrill’s Sieg
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management President reaffirmed the wirehouse’s commitment to home-grown talent even as competitors appear to be doubling down on hiring veterans.
- Finra Sanctions Ex-LPL Broker Over ‘Outside’ Notary Biz
The case reflects what compliance officials say is a heightened regulatory focus on brokers who engage in outside business activities without notifying their employers.
- RayJay Chief Says Recruiting Back on Track, Firm Lands $871 Mln-AUM Merrill Team
A Salt Lake City-based team’s four brokers spent more than 100 years combined with the “Thundering Herd” before leaving for Raymond James’ employee channel in May.
- RBC Promotes Virtual Hiring Wiz to Head of Recruiting
Amanda Dolan helped develop and launch a virtual recruiting platform as part of a pandemic response—efforts that will “slingshot us forward as we return to normal,” she said.